Sunday, June 23, 2013

Money

First let me say that I have very little debt. I am totally underemployed. I've probably filled out 500 applications in the last 2 years and had 8 interviews. I have 2 degrees (B.S. in Psychology and A.A.S in Business Administration with a medical emphasis). I am a teachers aide.

I started working at schools so that I could be my children's mother. I work while they are in school and I'm home when they are. It doesn't pay much but does allow us to buy into the company health insurance.

My rent went up $180 a month in November, gasoline has gone up about 50 cents a gallon.

My hourly rate hasn't changed.

We have cancelled cable, went to straight talk at home for phone, have a bare bones cell phone (I drive a distance with an unreliable van), buy nothing new, and take no vacations.

I do have internet but I am taking college classes to be a teacher.

We are on a balanced school year. 2 weeks off 3 times a year during the school year and 2 months off for the summer. I have worked summer school which ends on Tuesday. They also payed me a lot less money for this position but I took it, as I have no choice. I applied for another summer position but haven't heard if I have the job as of yet.

The thought of no income for 1 month is making me shudder.

I do not qualify for assistance because I use loan money for school, I do not qualify for a grant for school because I have a prior degree. I'm frustrated to say the least.

I'm an avid couponer, repurposer, and thrifter.

I'm on the lookout for any work that I can do from home. I'm even willing to babysit, sew, or do laundry.

Why? I do this for my children. 

No comments: