Thursday, July 19, 2012

Love on the Internet?
   

I met my husband on-line. Which website you ask? I will not tell. However, I will tell you what I did learn about internet dating.

  • It's a lot like high school, but now involves a computer.
  • Don't use your real last name. Some weirdo will call your house.
  • Have fun. Remember that the anonymity of the internet lets everyone be who they want to be. So ask yourself, "Why would a successful millionaire, recently widowed, need you to send him money to take care of his sick and dying child?"
  • One rule I had was I made them show me what they look like on a webcam. If they wouldn't, I didn't go meet them.
  • Never meet someone at your house for the first few times. 
  • Meet in a public place and let your friends know where you are.
  • Text your friends specifics about the person you are meeting (this goes for men and women). Such as: Make and model of the persons car, license plate, physical description.
  • Stick to a time limit.
  • I had kids so I also only gave out my cell phone number.
My best advice is to listen to your gut. If something feels wrong, it probably is.

No comments: